Quest to Learn 351 West 18th Street New York, NY 10011
Posted Date: 4/8/16
PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE 2015-2016 PLEASE POST (Subject to funding available)
POSITION: Regents prep for Earth science, chemistry, algebra 2/trig
LOCATION: Quest to Learn, 351 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011
• New York City Department of Education license as a Teacher
• Proven dedication to the success of Quest to Learn
• Demonstrated success supporting students achieve academic success
• Effective or highly effective rating in current teaching position.
• Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Common Core Learning Standards, the Instructional Shifts, and Curriculum planning
• Demonstrated effectiveness in preparing students for Regents exams as evidenced by past Regents pass rates
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support students academically
• Communicate with students domain teachers about successes and challenges
• Keep accurate attendance records
• Use differentiated instruction and interventions to support all students’ needs
WORK HOURS: Tuesday, Wednesday and/or Friday 3:15-5:00 pm beginning March 22, 2016
SALARY: As per current Collective Bargaining Agreement
APPLICATION: Please submit an OP-175 and resume to the principal.
For additional information, contact the appropriate Assessment Implementation Director. INCLUDE THE ABOVE PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NUMBER IN YOUR LETTER OF APPLICATION. Service exceeding the number of hours specified in the DHR Memorandum dated March 5, 1999 concerning the change in the maximum number of hours for per session activities effective July 1, 1999 and/or service in more than one per session activity in a per session year (July 1, 2008-June 30, 2009) requires prior approval of the Chief Executive Officer for the Division of Human Resources. The appropriate Senior Executive, Senior Instructional Manager, Special Education Superintendent, Personnel Manager or other appropriate head of a Central Headquarters office must make the request in writing (OP 175W) and receive written approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Requests should be sent from the appropriate Central Headquarters office to the Division of Human Resources, Per Session Monitoring Unit at 65 Court Street, Brooklyn, New York-Room 405. For details, please refer to Chancellor’s Regulation C-175, dated August 27, 1990.